- 20-Feb-2017 to 21-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Rockford, IL, USA
- Full Time
RAMP is a forward-thinking, active, complex non-profit and we are currently seeking an energetic, knowledgeable individual with an understanding of the principal of the Independent Living philosophy and genuine desire to carry out the philsophy. RAMP's annual budget is approximately $2 million and consists of a variety of funding sources from State and Federal contracts, United Way support, private donors, foundation grants and more. We currently employ 34 staff from four offices, serving the counties of Winnebago, Boone, Stephenson and DeKalb.
RAMP's culture is different from other work cultures. We work in a Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) where it is all about responsibility, accountability and autonomy. We don't manage an employee's schedule, we manage results. An employee is independently responsible to create their schedule to meet the needs of their position and the organization. A successful applicant is self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, dedicated, collaborative and forward thinking!
This position will be responsible for a wide variety of duties including;
- Collaborate with consumers to identify needs.
- Actively serve as an advocate of the Independent Living Phiosophy.
- Complete and maintain all required documentation in a thorough and timely manner.
- Pursue and remain abreast of advocacy issues related to equal rights for people with disabiities.
- Maintain a high level of visibility within Boone and Winnebago counties.
- Educate the community on what assistance and services are available thru RAMP
RAMP actively seeks to employee individuals with disabilities as we are federally required to employ a staff that is a majority or more individuals with disabilities.