- 28-Feb-2017 to 29-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Dekalb, IL, USA
- Part Time
RAMP is a forward-thinking, active, complex non-profit and we are currently seeking an energetic, knowledgeable individual with experience, to serve as our Independent Living Advocate. This is a part-time position in our Dekalb office.
RAMP's annual budget is approximately $2 million and consists of a variety of funding sources from State and Federal contracts, United Way support, private donors, foundation grants and more. We currently employ 34 staff from four offices, serving the counties of Winnebago, Boone, Stephenson and DeKalb.
RAMP's culture is different from other work cultures. We work in a Results Only Work Environment (ROWE) where it is all about responsibility, accountability and autonomy. We don't manage an employee's schedule, we manage results. An employee is independently responsible to create their schedule to meet the needs of their position and the organization. A successful applicant is self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, dedicated, collaborative and forward thinking!
Purpose of the Position: To provide personalized, consumer driven services, information & referral, peer counseling & support, education and advocacy, and independent living skills training, while advocating for the rights of all people to make their own choices. This position also requires an understanding of the principles of the Independent Living (IL) philosophy, and a genuine desire to carry out that philosophy.
- Associates Degree in a field directly related to the operations of RAMP, or
- Three (3) years of equivalent experience and understanding of non-profit or direct service programs; or
- Personal experience with a disability and/or working with persons with disabilities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work as a team player;
- A belief and commitment to the Independent Living (IL) Philosophy and a vision for seeing it implemented for all persons in our four county catchment area;
- Self-Motivate and creative in problem solving;
- Reliable transportation and a willingness to work evening and weekend hours, if needed.
RAMP actively seeks to employee individuals with disabilities as we are federally required to employ a staff that is a majority or more individuals with disabilities.